Buy West Property Management Limited has successfully obtained REINZ Accreditation, below lists the requirements to become accredited with REINZ
Not all property management companies are eligible to gain this accreditation, in order to gain it Residential Property Management Agency Members of REINZ must:
- Abide by the REINZ Code of Agency Practice;
- Ensure all agency staff abide by the associated Code of Individual Membership;
- Abide by the REINZ Code of Practice for Residential Property Management and ensure all property management team members (property managers, new business consultants, lettings, administration/ and accounting staff) have the necessary ethics, skills, access to training of documented systems and processes to manage residential properties.
- Have at least one property management staff member qualified in the New Zealand Certificate in Property Management (Level 4) with all property management/ letting staff members either studying towards the Certificate (level 4 – property manager) or completing an equivalent in-house course of study*;
- Provide property management staff with a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education (relevant to residential property management) on an annual basis to continue to retain their Accreditation status.
- Provide an in-house dispute resolution process to handle any disputes from consumers of residential property management services;
- At the time of annual membership renewal, declare that the Accreditation criteria will be followed.
The REINZ Code of Practice for residential property managers is available below:
REINZ Code of Practice for RPM